Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame & Museum
386 Church St. S.
<p class="font_8">The Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum was started in Toronto by Bruce Prentice and was incorporated on November 19, 1982. The main two homes for the Hall of Fame in Toronto were Exhibition Place and Ontario Place. Unfortunately in 1991 the Hall of Fame had to close it doors in Toronto.</p>
<p class="font_8">During the early 1990’s 12 cities expressed interest in becoming the new home for the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. The top 2 cities were Guelph and St. Marys and St. Marys won the bidding process on August 25, 1994 and became the new home for the Hall of Fame.</p>
<p class="font_8">he Hall of Fame is located in St. Marys for two main reasons. The first being the historic reference to one of the first recorded game of baseball in North America. It took place in Beachville, Ontario (30 minutes south of St. Marys) on June 4, 1838 and was written about by St. Marys native Adam Ford in the 1886 Sporting Life magazine. Adam was also the Mayor of St. Marys and a Doctor in St. Marys. The other main reason is the donation of 32 acres of land by the St. Marys Cement Company. The St. Marys Rotary Club was the first club to join hands with the Hall of Fame and help establish what we have today.</p>